Makes 2-ish Cups of Sacred Mix
Cook time: 5 minutes
The jury has been out on coffee for a long time. Depending on who you ask, it’s poison or potion… a healing elixir or a drug of choice. I, for one, believe in moderation. To me, good coffee is great medicine.
I love the ritual of preparing it and slowly sipping it across my morning. My husband and I have concocted what we believe is the PERFECT cup of coffee. It tastes flawless every time we make it, and it includes some powerful medicines in the grind.
Read on and make your own delicious cuppa Sacred-Wake-Up-And-Journey-Well…
Mix up a batch of this delectable medicine and add it by the spoonful to your coffee grinder. Grind it right with the beans, add to your cold-brew or french press, and voila! The perfect cup of sacred wake-up!
HOW-TO MAKE OUR COFFEE + CACAO RECIPE
Now, to make a 32oz French Press of the perfect coffee…
- Place 1/2 cup of your favorite coffee beans in your coffee grinder. (Freshly ground is always best!) We like to mix 1/2 organic fair trade dark roast with 1/2 decaf…. so our coffee doesn’t launch us into a different hemisphere.
- Add a heaping spoonful of the Sacred Coffee Blend right on top of the beans.
- Once your water is boiling (or just before), *lightly* pulse the beans + mix 15-17 times in your grinder (depending on grinder performance/brewing method).
- Immediately (and ceremoniously if you wish) dump your fresh grinds into a 32oz french press (we love this Bodum stainless steel one because we tend to break the glass ones) and fill with hot water.
- Let steep 5-7 minutes depending on how chewable you like your café. We go for 6 minutes most mornings.
- Pour and enjoy!
So, is this the best-ever coffee or what?
I hope you love the slightly cinnamon-y, definitely sensuous, flavor as much as my husband and I do. It reminds me of travels to the Southwest and into Southern Mexico… and it certainly helps me feel like there’s a lot more good stuff happening in my mug than just a dose of caffeine.
After all, you have the libido-boosting effects of maca, the heart-centering/grounding energy of raw cacao, mixed with the warmth of cinnamon and nutmeg… and the potential kick of capillary-opening, oxygenating, detoxing cayenne.
Ancient medicine for the modern people. Hell yeah.
Share to Pinterest